On this boat a little late, but hey, any port in the liquor cabinet, wot wot. Kudos to aceofkittens
for bringing this up:10 Days, 10 PromptsDay One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two images that describe your life right now, and why.
Day Ten: One confession.
The tradition seems to be to write the things without directing them, so away we go:
1. I rarely get to see you in person, but when I do, I am reminded, yet again, of what a wonderful person you are and how lucky I am to have you in my life.
2. Thank you for not killing me or leaving me on the side of the road when I was of a certain age and temperament; I didn't truly appreciate your patience at the time, but I do now.
3. You're an amazing person, but you need to relax and let yourself go with the flow more often, or you're going to pop like a too-tightly-wound spring.
4. I've never understood the path you went down and I worry sometimes that I may have pushed you down it, but I miss the friend I once had.
5. You are evil and wicked and must be destroyed; also, I wish you every happiness in your new life.
6. Giving you what you ask for will not satisfy you or help you in the long run; I'll not throw good money after bad.
7. I wanted to believe in you, against my better judgement, but again and again you have failed to stand strong in the face of adversity; be bold, or I will wash my hands of you.
8. You're a liar, a cheat, and a hypocrite; worst of all, you've lied to yourself, cheated your own convictions, and betrayed the principles that made you bearable. I wish you a soul-searing moment of clarity.
9. I'm sorry I woke you from your slumber; it was too early, and I was too impatient.
10. Sweet heart, sweet love, you make it all bearable and light. Thank you.